- Up to 31st July 2012 we delivered 130 workshops.
- The number of workshops in total that we will complete by 31st July 2013 will be 333, (give or take a few) which is a staggering increase of 156% on 2012’s figures.
- Number of children and young people we have worked with directly is currently 10,245.
- Songs written by children is currently at 350, but with five more weeks to go, there’ll be many more!
- 88% of children and young people we’ve worked with would like a songwriting workshop every week!
- 96% rated our workshops as Excellent or Good;
- A third of children say they don’t want to sing at the start of the day but by the end of the day 9 out of 10 say they enjoyed singing with us! Confidence building!
- 59% of children did not previously report bullying occurring. 95.04% say they would now report bullying in the future.
- SoundCloud plays as of this evening are at 84,843.
- And YouTube Video views stand at 37,919.
- 86% of teachers notice positive changes in the behaviour of the children in the short time we work with them.
- 100% of professionals say our work supports the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of their students.
- We have 36 audio testimonies from professionals we have worked as well as written feedback from more than 200.
- We are now working with more than 400 schools!
- You should read what parents have to say! And the children!
- With voluntary income (grants and donations) at £2,401.00
- And Project income (commissioning) £34,700
- Voluntary income increased 2027% to £51.079.98!
- Project income increased by 79% to £62,085.00!
We’re very proud of what we have achieved in such a short space of time. It has been tough for us in many ways; new kids on the block, being viewed as high-risk, no core funding, proving our worth and effectiveness, measuring impact. Why have we shared these figures with you? We want you to know how we’re doing. Our first full accounts will soon go up on the Charity Commission website (sooner if they’ll let us!). We want you to know because many of you reading this have made frequent and crucial donations in answer to our Tweets, Posts, and appeals using Just Text Giving, The Giving Machine, Ploink or BY MyDonate. And let’s face it, without your unwavering and enthusiastic support, we wouldn’t be in the position we are now!
Why is Small Charity Week so important to us (and the many thousands of others out there)? It’s the first time we have been involved of course! It’s a brilliant way to get people focused on the work of small charities up and down the country. The competitions that Small Charity Week 2013 are running are really simple ways to get you all involved! And we figured it would be a great way to try and mobilise our fans out there! What we need is for all of you to get ‘vocal’ and shout about us on the Small Charity Week Facebook Page for example, ‘I Love the Songwriting Charity because they support the wellbeing of thousands of children!’ or on Twitter, “I love @NTFoundation because they empower children through songwriting @SCWeek2013”. If we win, we will use the prize to part fund upcoming Bully Beat workshops! Remember to check out the Small Charity Week Website for the rules! If we don’t try…….
We are a strong, lean and dedicated ‘small charity‘ team that works tirelessly to help improve the self esteem, confidence and overall wellbeing of many thousands of vulnerable, disaffected, isolated and unhappy children and young people. Thanks guys. Have a good week and thanks for always being there!