We hope you like this video! Feedback from some of the heads & teachers we worked with on Project K last year in Cardiff. Details about Project K 2014 will be released soon. Project K is a special songwriting-in-schools programme for primary schools in Wales.
In 2013, pupils attending ten Cardiff primary schools benefited from this fully funded song-writing project promoting peace, celebrating song and remembering Kate Johnson, the sister of the charity’s CEO, Nathan Timothy. Kate was a visual artist in Cardiff who sadly passed away in July 2012. Kate was involved in the early stages of the Songwriting Charity’s work when it was founded in 2011
Project K 2014 is beginning to take shape. We plan to involve up to 40 primary schools and are busy putting a fundraising plan into action. We’re keen to hear from companies, local businesses and individuals who would like to get involved in the following ways:
- Event sponsorship. Last year we held the Project K celebration event at the Millennium Stadium! We can’t think of a more iconic venue and intend to ‘takeover’ the stadium again next year. Can your company help us in 2014?
- Make a personal or company donation towards our goal of bringing Project K to more than 1200 children. Visit BT MyDonate where you can make a commission free donation towards Project K.
- If you have a place on the Cardiff Half Marathon 2014 or are planning a challenge event/activity, please consider raising funds for us and Project K.
- If an employee decides to raise funds for Project K, could your company match it?
- Provide in-kind support, for example marketing opportunities like advertorials in magazines, or letting us utilise any spare printing capacity for posters, stickers, leaflets even extra special Project K badges!
Whatever you decide to do, it will make a difference to a great many primary school children in your community.
If you have other ideas about how you can help us, or would like to discuss any of the above just email email@example.com